LASER LEVEL WARRANTY AND SAFETY INFORMATION
CMI Industries Pty Ltd is a proudly Australian owned and operated company offering a range of professional quality lasers and levels.
You can be sure that when you buy one of our lasers you get the best tool for the best price possible and can be assured by our attention to detail and back up service.
The Principles behind our warranty.
* Duration of warranty is fixed and automatic, when we advertise 5 years on a particular model, its five years. No drop down to a lesser time if you forget to register, registration is NOT required just proof of purchase showing date.
* Although the duration of our warranties are for a particular period it does not mean we will charge you for a genuine warranty failure a month or two outside that warranty period, we believe in a fair go.
* Even though a product shows signs of accidental damage, scratches and the like, we will not automatically fail the warranty claim, if the fault is NOT caused by a drop or misuse and is a genuine warranty failure then we will cover it.
* Our aim is to return repaired or replaced products as soon as possible as we know that being without your tool can be inconvenient. Our goal is a 48 hour turnaround (2 working days) after receiving it. Sometimes, however, a product with an intermittent fault may need extended testing to make sure we have made a full repair.
* Calibration is not covered by warranty much the same as the wheel balance on your car is not covered by warranty, we do however offer a one off free re-calibration service (RedBack Models ONLY) during the period of warranty, conditions and details below.
Now The Details and Legals
CMI Industries Pty Ltd provides consumers with a warranty to our products, this is in addition to the requirements of any relevant legislation such as the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
“CMI”, “We” or “Our” refers to CMI Industries Pty Ltd (ABN 29 102 713 922) of 18b Tarkin Court, Bell Park, Victoria 3215 ph 1800 769 858
“You” or “Consumer” refers to the initial purchaser of the product.
“Product” refers to goods manufactured by or for CMI Industries Pty Ltd under the brands of RedBack Lasers, Level1Laser and CMI Lasers and include Laser and Optical Levels, Measuring tools and accessories.
“Material” refers to material or component used in the construction and manufacture of the product. “Workmanship” refers to handling, assembly and manufacturing processes done by or for CMI Industries Pty Ltd in order to manufacture the products.
“Warranty Period” varies depending on brand and model sold by CMI please see table at end for your products warranty period. Warranty period is from original purchase date only, no extension is made in the event of warranty replacement products being supplied or time spent being repaired.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
CMI warrants that our products will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the stated period for the product supplied (see “warranty period” below)
CMI promises to repair or replace, free of charge, the product or part of product if found to be faulty due to defective workmanship or materials within the duration of the warranty stated above as long as the following terms and conditions are met;
* Product must not have been misused or abused, must not have incurred accidental damage or had un-authorised repair or tampering that has caused or contributed to its fault or failure.
* You must contact CMI by phone, mail or email immediately when a fault or defect has become apparent and within the warranty period.
* Product must be returned to store of purchase or directly to CMI, we will cover cost of postage only when sent by our reply paid Australia Post service(Australian Mainland and Tasmania only) details will be provided upon phone, post or email communications with us.
* CMI will cover cost of freight back of repaired or replaced product to original purchase store or you directly (depending on how it was sent Australian Mainland and Tasmania only).
* CMI will determine whether repair or replacement of product or part of product will be made on the merits of each case.
* Further exclusions in this warranty include damage or defect caused by use of non-original accessories or parts, damage in transportation, normal wear and tear, damage through moisture, damage due to electric surge, failure due to neglect or damaged caused by adjustments not outlined in CMI’s instructions.
Subject to the requirements of all applicable Australian Acts or legislation and to the extent permitted by law, CMI accepts no liability (whether expressed or implied) of any nature whatsoever for any loss of earnings, hiring of replacement equipment, Inaccurate work carried out by the consumer or agent, damage or injury arising as a result of any fault in the product. It is the consumers responsibility to maintain good working practices and regularly test their tools for accuracy and serviceability.
Calibration of the product is not covered by warranty subject to the requirement of all applicable Australian Acts or legislation and to the extent permitted by law, for RedBack Laser Brand CMI does however offer a free re-calibration service (once within the period of the warranty) you are liable for the cost to send the product to us then we will recalibrate and return the product to you free of charge. Note this offer is invalid if the product shows signs of misuse or accidental damage that has caused it to go out of calibration. (Not valid for Level1 Lasers)
Any product returned to CMI that fails to fall within the terms and conditions of this warranty will be quoted for repair.
All correspondence through the following channels; CMI Industries Pty Ltd, P.O. Box 7324 Geelong West, Vic 3218. : 1800 769 858 email:via https://www.redbacklasers.com.au/contact-redback-lasers/
All Batteries sold separately come with a 3 Month Warranty
Lasers are rated by hazard classification, according to their ability to cause harm.
Class 1 lasers are not hazardous.(used on just a few laser levels but limited to invisible low range units)
Class 2 lasers are normally not hazardous due to the human eyes aversion responses the automatic reflex to blink and look away from bright or sudden light sources (used in all Redback’s “Red” beam lasers).
Class 3 lasers are hazardous where eyes are exposed to direct laser beams or reflections from mirror/glass type surfaces.(used in Redback’s Green beam lasers please read required OHS regulations for your industry)
Class 4 lasers are hazardous to eyes, and the direct beam is a fire hazard and serious skin hazard.(never used in laser levelling equipment)
In the construction industry lasers are of either the Class 2 or Class 3r type. Class 2 type lasers as specified in AS2397 require very little time to safely set up on building sites, for example rotating beams need not to be terminated with boarded fencing. Class 3r however require more planning to use such as provision of trained staff and termination of all laser beams.
(AS2397 Construction & Building Site Safety)DO NOT STARE INTO LASER BEAM AND NEVER SHINE LASERS AT ANOTHER PERSON